What to Expect when You Arrive …
Appointments are one hour apart. This is to allow disinfection of instruments and surfaces between patients and to reduce overlap between people. Please arrive promptly to our office (allowing for extra time to gain entrance to the 450 Sutter building and elevator), check in and we’ll begin your exam. If you are a new patient, download a patient history form from our website and complete it before you arrive at our office.
Note: The building management has created social distancing markings within the entrance, but the lobby accommodates only a few people, so be prepared to stand in line to enter the building and be aware of your spacing. Four people are allowed per elevator car, and they must be wearing masks that cover their noses and mouths. An advanced body temperature camera will screen out anyone entering the building with a fever.
For Your Safety in Our Office …
- Staff will be wearing masks at all times when interacting with patients. Dr. Slamovich will wear a face shield in addition to her mask when she provides procedures that require closer contact. Virginia, too, will wear a face shield when helping you select frames or taking the measurements to customize your lenses.
- Our instruments now have breath screens.
- Frames will be cleaned with a 50% hydrogen peroxide/50%water solution after every frame selection.
What We Ask of You …
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. This is required!
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you enter our office.
- Don’t come to our office if you are not feeling well. We will be taking your temperature and, if it is over 100.5°, we will ask you to leave and reschedule your appointment.
- Please come alone. Let us know beforehand if your require the assistance of your caregiver so we can make accommodations.
- Allow for an hour examination, which will include dilating your eyes if you are due, so plan accordingly. The extra examination time allows us to give you a truly customized experience. And please think about how we can help you with issues of increased computer screen time, dry eyes, contact lens discomfort.
- Please arrange to have contact lenses shipped to you. The shipping for any order of two boxes or more is free through June. You, of course, can pick them up at our office if you prefer.